"The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 NRSV
It is a privilege to reach out to you this fall for your continued support for and pledge to Kenwood Community Church in 2017.
Pledges are the lifeblood of our community and our mission, enabling us to worship together, to support each other, and to continue our service to the wider community.
Please join us in celebration of this 127th year of ministry in our congregation. We invite you to join with us as we give thanks for the many Bountiful Blessings we have received and the collective impact we have made in 2016.
KCC at worship
* A new choir.
* Many guest musicians and vocalists.
* A strong tradition of singing good hymns both old and new.
* Our Music Director sharing her many gifts on the organ, piano and worship planning.
* An active Board of Deacons.
* An active Altar Guild preparing the sanctuary for worship.
* An old and classic sanctuary in which to meet.
* A tradition of lay leadership in every service.
* Special services on Christmas Eve and Maundy Thursday.
* Three new households joined the congregation.
KCC in service to the community
* Financial support to local agencies including the Redwood Gospel Mission, Redwood Food Bank, Lake County Fire Relief Fund, and Valley of the Moon Children's Center, all coordinated by the Benevolence Committee.
* Providing meeting space for 4 non-profit organizations.
* Hosting weddings and memorial services.
* The Annual Gingerbread Extravaganza.
* Weekly Notes and News newsletters sent by email and USPS.
* Press releases sent to Kenwood Press, Oakmont News, and Press Democrat.
* Website updated: kenwoodcommunitychurch.info.
Programs and study opportunities
* The 5th in a series of Bible Studies
* Women of the World (WOW)
* Care for those hospitalized and others with special needs.
Stewardship and property improvements
* Purchase of a (used) baby grand piano.
* A new Memorial Wall with bronze plaques honoring our ‘saints’ who have passed away.
* Remodeling the chancel.
* Painting the interior of the church.
* New handrails in the sanctuary.
* Ongoing maintenance and upkeep with new drapes in the fellowship hall.
* A new road sign on Highway 12.
* The church office was completely reorganized.
Stewardship of our financial resources
* A balanced checkbook with all bills paid on time.
* The 4th of July Silent Auction set a new record.
* The 4th of July Pancake Breakfast served over 1,000 meals (another new record).
* Growth in the Endowment Fund.
* 28 stewardship pledges received from 42 households - 66%.
* Special gifts to UCC's One Great Hour Of Sharing, UCC's Our Church's Wider Mission, and our piano fund.
We give thanks for our many Boards and Committees.
* The Board of Trustees
* The Board of Deacons
* Benevolence Committee
* Stewardship Committee
* Weddings and Memorials planning team
* Altar Guild
* Worship Planning
* The many, many people who worked on the Silent Auction and Pancake Breakfast.
We give thanks for our leadership team.
* Tim Dorman, Moderator/Board of Trustees
* Dorothy Green, Chair/Board of Deacons
* Cathy Valerga, Church Secretary
* Karen Haslag, Music Director
* Jim Fish, Pastor
All of the above is made possible by your regular and generous contributions to KCC. Our Board of Trustees can only develop a responsible and balanced budget for 2016 if they know what the commitment of the congregation is to support that budget.
Pledge amounts are kept in strictest confidence, known only to the church treasurer. Of course you can change your pledge at any time if circumstances make that necessary.
We invite you to return your pledge for dedication during the Pledge Sunday worship service. Following the service, we will adjourn to the Fellowship Hall for a special Celebration Luncheon in a spirit of thanksgiving for your support of Kenwood Community Church.
Thank you for sharing our Bountiful Blessings by Bountifully Giving in 2017.
Your Stewardship Committee,
Damon, Jenny, Gil, Don, Dave, and Pastor Jim (ex officio)